The first brewery in the Western Hemisphere was in 1786 located in what is now Montreal, Quebec.
Molson’s first brewery was located on the Saint Lawrence River in Montreal and was founded by John Molson. Today the Molson family continues to maintain its operations today.
Molson Canadian all the way baby!
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
For more Information:
- History: Founded in Montreal in 1786, the Molson Brewery is the oldest brewery in North America and continues to produce beer on the site of the original brewery.
- Organization: Molson Coors is dual headquartered, with head offices located in Denver, Colorado, & Montreal, Quebec.
- Economy: Molson-Coors brands in Canada and the United States include Molson Canadian (lager), Molson Canadian Light, Molson Canadian 67, Coors Light…
- Brands: Molson Coors Brewing Company was created by the merger of two of North America’s largest breweries: Molson of Canada, and Coors of the United States…
- Other ventures: Outside of beer and ice hockey, the Molson family were pioneers in steamships, hospitality, assisting with the building of the Montreal Hospital, patrons of the arts…
wikiwand – Molson Brewery (French Info)
Molson, fondée en 1786 à Montréal, est la plus vieille brasserie canadienne. Elle est aujourd’hui membre de Molson Coors Brewing Company.
molsoncoors.com – Brewing Heritage
Dedication never tasted so good. With more than 350 years of combined brewing heritage, we’re more passionate than ever about making great beer.