Title: 100 million people connected to the Internet
In 1997 the internet had 100 million people connected to it.
- Internet Growth Statistics 1995 to 2017 – the Global Village Online
The Internet is defined as the worldwide interconnection of individual networks operated by government, industry, academia, and private parties. Originally the Internet served to interconnect laboratories engaged in government research, and since 1994 it has been expanded to serve millions of users and a multitude of purposes in all parts of the world.
- Internet Users by Country (2016) – Internet Live Stats
- Indonesia Has 100 Million Internet Users, Internet Penetration at 40 …
The Association of Internet Service Providers in Indonesia (APJII) announced that Internet penetration in Indonesia has now reached 40 percent of the population, or 100 million Internet users.
- 100 million Brazilians connected to the internet -Blog Futurecom
According to data from the PNAD Supplement: Access to Internet and Television and Possession of Mobile Cellular Telephone for Personal Use, widely publicized today (22), by IBGE, for the first time Brazil surpassed the mark of 100 million people of 10 years or more that have an internet connection.
- Number of Internet users worldwide reaches two billion – Phys.org
The number of Internet users worldwide has mushroomed to reach the two billion mark, the head of the UN’s telecommunications agency, Hamadoun Toure, said on Wednesday.