In 1899 at South Foreland, England, the Wireless Telegraph and Signal Company, Ltd., owned by Guglielmo Marconi, established a wireless station for international communications.
The Wireless station for international communications, was built to maintain regular communications with a similar station installation 31 miles (50 kilometres) away in Wimereux, France.
South Foreland, England
- Marconi station – Wikipedia
The Marconi Wireless Corporation operated Ship to Shore, Spark gap, VLF, and Trans-Oceanic wireless telegraph stations. Since the 1890s, numerous pioneering radio stations were located in Canada, Ireland, Newfoundland, the United States, the United Kingdom and a number of other locations around the world.
- Marconi Wireless Telegraph Company of America – Wikipedia
The Marconi Wireless Telegraph Company of America (commonly called American Marconi) was incorporated in 1899. It was established as a subsidiary of the British Marconi Company and held the U.S. and Cuban rights to Guglielmo Marconi’s radio (then called “wireless telegraphy”) patents.
- Guglielmo Marconi – Wikipedia
Guglielmo Marconi, 1st Marquis of Marconi (/mɑːrˈkoʊni/); Italian: [ɡuʎˈʎɛlmo marˈkoːni]; 25 April 1874 – 20 July 1937) was an Italian inventor and electrical engineer known for his pioneering work on long-distance radio transmission and for his development of Marconi’s law and a radio telegraph system. He is usually credited as the inventor of radio, and he shared the 1909 Nobel Prize in Physics with Karl Ferdinand Braun “in recognition of their contributions to the development of wireless telegraphy”.