The United States government began levying a National Gasoline Tax in 1932.
- When did the Federal Government begin collecting the gas tax? – Ask …
Mar 27, 2005 – The bill included a 1-cent per gallon excise tax on gasoline sales, not just on … The Revenue Act of 1932 enacted dozens of taxes, including those …. Gross national product that year was $58 billion, a mere 56 percent of what …
- A Brief History of the Federal Gasoline Tax – Kiplinger
Jul 2, 2014 – As Congress considers raising the federal tax on gasoline for the first time … By 1932, every state and the District of Columbia had followed suit.
- US Federal Government Gasoline Tax Since 1933 – ThoughtCo
Mar 6, 2018 – The gas tax was first imposed by the federal government in 1932 at a mere 1 cent per gallon. It has increased 10 times since President Herbert Hoover authorized the creation of such a tax to balance the budget.
- Federal Gasoline Excise Tax Rate, 1932-2008 – Tax Foundation
Apr 30, 2008 – Potential Colorado Ballot Measure Shows How Not to Design a Sales Tax. State Gasoline Tax Rates in 2017. Indiana Gas Tax Proposal: …
- The Gasoline Tax and the Automobile Revolution – jstor
Vehicle Registration License,” Bulletin of the National Tax Association ….. ‘2An account of proposals for a federal gasoline tax before 1932 is in Rex J. Morth-.