Sweden mandated birth registration in 1686 by creating a national birth registry.
- In English – the Swedish Medical Birth Register – Socialstyrelsen
The Swedish Medical Birth Register was founded in 1973 and includes data on practically all deliveries in Sweden.
- Birth certificate – Wikipedia
Civil registration of births, marriages and deaths in England and Wales started on 1 July 1837. Registration was not compulsory until 1875, following the Registration of Births and Deaths Act 1874, which made registration of a birth the responsibility of those present at the birth.
- Tracing Births, Marriages and Deaths – Society of Genealogists
When extracting the information from a birth certificate, pay special attention to the ….. which is a collaboration between family history societies and local register …
- Birth, Death and Marriage Historical Records
Welcome to the Birth, Death and Marriage Historical Records website. You can search and order New Zealand Government records for births, deaths and …
- The history behind your birth certificate – Anglia Research
Probate researcher Peter Turvey looks at the long and sometimes tortuous road to full birth registration in England and Wales.