In 1642, while still a teenager, he started some pioneering work on calculating machines. After three years of effort and 50 prototypes, he built 20 finished machines (called Pascal’s calculators and later Pascalines) over the following 10 years, establishing him as one of the first two inventors of the mechanical calculator.
More info at: Blaise Pascal – Wikipedia
Additional Articles associated with this person’s firsts:
Mathematician, Physicist, Inventor, Writer and Catholic Theologian
June 19, 1623, Clermont-Ferrand, France
August 19, 1662, Paris, France
- Blaise Pascal – Wikipedia
Blaise Pascal was a French mathematician, physicist, inventor, writer and Catholic theologian. He was a child prodigy who was educated by his father, a tax …
- Blaise Pascal | Biography, Facts, & Inventions | Britannica.com
Blaise Pascal, (born June 19, 1623, Clermont-Ferrand, France—died August 19, 1662, Paris), French mathematician, physicist, religious philosopher, and …
- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662) – University of St Andrews
Blaise Pascal was the third of Étienne Pascal’s children and his only son. Blaise’s mother died when he was only three years old. In 1632 the Pascal family, …
- Pascal, Blaise | Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Blaise Pascal was born on June 19, 1623, in Clermont (now Clermont-Ferrand) in the Auvergne region of central France. His parents were Étienne Pascal (1588 …
- Blaise Pascal – Biography, Facts and Pictures – Famous Scientists
Blaise Pascal (1623-1662), the French philosopher and scientist, was one of the greatest and most influential mathematicians of all time. He was also an expert.
- Blaise Pascal – Berkeley Math
Born in 1623 in Clermont, France, Blaise Pascal is one of the most well known mathematicians of all times. His mother, Antoinette, died when he was only three, …
- Blaise Pascal (1623 – 1662) – TCD Maths home – Trinity College Dublin
Blaise Pascal was born at Clermont on June 19, 1623, and died at Paris on Aug. 19, 1662. His father, a local judge at Clermont, and himself of some scientific …
- Blaise Pascal Biography – life, family, children, story, death, history …
Blaise Pascal was an influential mathematical writer, a master of the French language, and a great religious philosopher (a person who seeks wisdom).
- What were the famous Blaise Pascal inventions? | HowStuffWorks
Blaise Pascal’s inventions ranged from mathematical theorems to Christian philosophy. Learn about the famous Blaise Pascal inventions.
- Blaise Pascal – Philosopher, Mathematician, Theologian, Physicist …
Apr 2, 2014 – Explore the astonishing scientific and theological life of Blaise Pascal, 17th-century Renaissance man, on Biography.com.