Women’s golf tournament was first held at Royal Lytham, England on June 13, 1893.
June 13, 1893
June 13, 1893
- Timeline of Women in Sports – Elmira College Faculty Personal Pages
1800’s. 1811 – On January 9, the first known women’s golf tournament was held at Musselburgh Golf Club, Scotland, among the town fishwives. 1867 – St. Andrew’s in Scotland was the first ladies golf club. 1894 – October 1-18 the first ladies golf tournament was held in NJ.
- History of Women’s Professional Golf | Professional Golfers Career …
Mar 7, 2018 – The first recorded golf tournament for women only occurred on January 9th, 1811. The tournament was held in the town at Musselburgh, East …
- Gentlemen Only, Ladies Forbidden – a history • Women’s Golf Journal
Not only was the LGU founded within a matter of weeks but the first British Women’s championship began on June 13 of that same year at the Ladies’ Course of …
- Women’s Golf Early History – Scottish Golf History
The early history of Women’s golf in 19th and early 20th century. … Early Women’s Golf charts women in golf from classical times to the changing fashions … Golf Union – First UK Golf Association · VI Ladies British Open Amateur Championship …
- Women’s major golf championships – Wikipedia
As of 2013, five tournaments are designated as majors in women’s golf by the … The first tournament which is now included in the LPGA’s official list of major …