Powdered Catalyst, Louisiana (PCLA) No. 1 opened in Baton Rouge, LA, USA in 1942 as the first petrochemical plant for fluid catalytic cracking. It was built by Catalytic Research Associates, a consortium formed in 1938 by Standard Oil of New Jersey; Standard Oil of Indiana; M.W. Kellogg; and the German chemical firm I.G. Farben. Currently the primary petrol refining process is catalytic cracking.
Baton Rouge, LA, USA
- The Fluid Bed Reactor – American Chemical Society – [PDF]
Nov 3, 1998 – The first commercial circulating fluid bed reactor, PCLA #1 (Powdered Catalyst Louisiana), went on stream on May 25, 1942, in the Baton Rouge Refinery of the Standard Oil Company of New Jersey (now Exxon Corporation).
- FLUID CATALYTIC CRACKING HITS 50 YEAR MARK ON …
May 18, 1992 – A. D. Reichle Baton Rouge, La. … start-up of the first commercial fluid catalytic cracker, it seems appropriate that we examine … And practical applications, particularly as a chemical reactor, were soon developed in … 1 (powdered catalyst, Louisiana No. … The fluid catalyst cracking section of the PCLA No. 1 …
- Fluid catalytic cracking: recent developments on the grand old …
Oct 5, 2015 – Fluid catalytic cracking (FCC) is one of the major conversion technologies in … A number of oil refineries use multiple conversion technologies, and some … A pilot plant based on a powdered catalyst moving through a pipe coil … stage, and mid-1942, the first commercial FCC unit (PCLA-1) was started up.
- Fluid catalytic cracking – Wikipedia
Fluid catalytic cracking (FCC) is one of the most important conversion processes used in … The hydrocarbon vapours “fluidize” the powdered catalyst and the mixture of … Those olefinic gases are valuable for use as petrochemical feedstocks. … on the success of the pilot plant, the first commercial fluid catalytic cracking plant …
- Technology advancements in fluid catalytic cracking
1. Introduction. The fluid catalytic cracking (FCC) process represents an … Hardware and catalyst changes not only respond to each other, but also to the … The first catalyst used at the Louisiana plant, called PCLA for powdered … This was the first commercial zeolite-based FCC catalyst and truly revolutionized the industry.