Zarathushtra instituted seven Zoroastrian holidays in the sixth century BCE. Six of these days, the gahambars, honour one of the Amesha Spentas, or “holy immortals,” beings of creative power who are considered independent aspects of the Creator God. Ahura Mazda. The seventh Amesha Spenta is associated with fire celebrating the holiday No Ruz that anticipates the eventual triumph of good over evil. Zoroastrian communities in Iran and India continue to observe these festivals.
- Zoroastrian festivals – Wikipedia
Zoroastrianism has numerous festivals and holy days, all of which are bound to the Zoroastrian … A first calendar reform (of uncertain date) introduced five epagomenal days at the end of the year, with the result that each festival then had two dates: one in … Khordad Sal, which celebrates the birth anniversary of Zoroaster.
- Zoroastrian Archives – Religious Holidays – Read the Spirit
Nowruz is a very important holiday in Iran and for Zoroastrians. … Many Iranians put up a Haft Sin table, covered with seven symbolic items. … One of nine holy days of the month, Naw-Ruz was instituted by Baha’u’llah, the founder of the … More than 3,000 years ago in that part of the world, Zoroaster pointed his followers …
- Zoroastrian Archives – Page 2 of 4 – Religious Holidays
(Learn more about ghambars from the Heritage Institute.) … Most Zoroastrians remember the death of Zarathustra in a fire temple. … Gahambars are the only festivals written about in the Avesta, or Zoroastrian holy books. … set up to represent the seven elements of life and the seven elements of Nowruz, among other things.
- Zoroastrian origins – of the Christmas tradition! – The World …
7. Anahita Temple at Kangavar. (Excerpt from-‘Iranian Cultural Heritage Org.’- borchure) … The holiday was already too closely associated with the birth of older Pagan … Reciprocally, Nero was initiated into the higher stages of the (Mithraic) …  C. W. King states that Mithra-ism “was the theology of Zoroaster in its origin, …
- Afghanistan Diplomatic Handbook – Strategic Information and …
… believed that the holiday was founded by the Zoroastrian prophet, Spenta Zarathustra, … It is said that when King Yama of ancient Bactria (Balkh) established the solar … It consists of seven attributes called the Amesha Spentas meaning …