King Afonso 1 (Afonso Henriques) of Portugal first used the title in 1139, despite Christian Spain not recognizing their sovereignty until 1179.
- Afonso I of Portugal – Wikipedia
Afonso I nicknamed the Conqueror (Portuguese: O Conquistador), the Founder (O Fundador) …. In it Pope Alexander III also acknowledged Afonso as King and Portugal as an independent crown with the right to conquer lands from the Moors.
- Afonso I | king of Portugal | Britannica.com
Afonso I, also called Afonso Henriques, byname Afonso the Conqueror, Portuguese Afonso o Conquistador, (born 1109/11, Guimarães, Port.—died Dec. 6, 1185 …
- King Afonso I Of Portugal : Family tree by comrade28 – Geneanet
Discover the family tree of King Afonso I Of Portugal for free, and learn about their family history and their ancestry.
- Afonso I “the Conqueror” Henriques, King of Portugal (1106 – 1185 …
Dec 28, 2018 – Genealogy for Afonso I “the Conqueror” Henriques, King of Portugal (1106 – 1185) family tree on Geni, with over 190 million profiles of …
- Afonso Henriques, Afonso I king of Portugal – All About Portugal
Oct 15, 2011 – Afonso I of Portugal, was able to fulfill his dead father’s old dream of turning the County of Portugal into an independent Kingdom in 1143.